Wednesday 22 July 2009

Robin Hood, starring Russell Crowe

Hello again people

I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while...But I have fantastic news! Very close to where I live is a wood where a film set has been built - i
t's for Ridley Scott's Robin Hood film, starring Russell Crowe as Robin Hood. There's a castle, a village (whic
h they burnt!) and an army encampment with lots of tents. Yesterday, when I was there watch
ing, there were 60 men on horses storming the castle and more
soldiers on foot using a battering ram!!! Even better, I was allowed to take some photos, which I will put in now.....LOADING...........
Dah dah! That's the castle, and there are lots of tents in the foreground. There are also lots of people! And the spikes coming out of the ground are made of wood. There are also quite a few
dead bodies lying around made o
ut of things like wire and s
tuff like that. On the right (it's not in the picture, but it was there) is a sm
oke machine, and there are obviously vents in the hill which the castle is standing on, because when they were ready to shoot, they would turn on the smoke machine and there would be smoke EVERYWHERE!


Ok, here is another picture.



Right, now you can see the battering ram properly. There's
also a red van in the picture - see that? And beside it is a green thing with a big black thing on top of it. That's the camera, and it's on wheels so it can follow the battering ram up the hill in later shots. HOW COOL IS THAT?!




And this is a picture of when they decided to set fire to the ca
stle. From whe
re I was standing, you could hear Ridley Scott s
houting 'Action' and 'Fire UP!'. See all the smoke? That's from the vents I was telling you about. So what happened was that Ridley Scott would say 'Action', and then 'Fire up' and the fire would go up, and the people you can see would hide behind wooden things and fire arrows up at the castle, and on the castle battlements are more archers, and more arrows come FROM the castle. And all the people are shouting and roaring and getting very worked up! Then there's a foghorn thingie, instead of having to shout CUT, and everyone stops, and they get ready to shoot it again! We stayed there for about 2 hours and nothing muc
h happened - I think they were doing speech close up with Russel Crowe or something right then, but then they started doing what I just told you about.
This is the camera that wasn't doing anything yesterday when I was there. It was really close to us though. It's really long, isn't it!!









This other picture

is the back of 60 men on horseback that left at about 6:30 when we were just deciding that it was probably time to go... Aren't they cool!?

And here are more men who waved at us as they went past!!! HOW COOL!!!














Right, I'll update you later - I'm going to a night shoot tonight with one of my friends! I'll tell you what happened tomorrow.

Bye
Westrina
:-)

2 comments: